Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in Construction
During the QA Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment course, learners will develop a good understanding of health and safety in the context of construction, so that they can work safely in this environment..
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Common causes of work-related fatalities and injuries
- Method statements and their use
- Health and safety definitions
- Hazards and risks in the construction environment
- Importance of safe manual handling in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Principles of safer manual handling
- Importance of working safely at height in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working at height and controls
- Risks to health within a construction environment (including asbestos exposure)
- Types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that may be used when dealing with hazardous materials
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working around plant and equipment and controls
- Hazard warning signs and symbols
The QA Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment course is ideal for people who work in (or want to work in) a construction environment, and has been specifically designed to provide successful candidates with a route to applying for the Green Labourer CSCS Card.