Level 2 Award in Personal Licence Holder
This qualification consists of a single unit, which covers the role and responsibilities of a Personal License Holder in any premises licensed for the retail sale of alcohol.
This qualification may be available through employers, training providers and colleges and may be offered in England and Wales.
This qualification covers the areas of the Licensing Act 2003 that anyone who wishes to apply for a personal licence needs to know about. Such as:
- the nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence
- the legal duties of a personal licence holder
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
- the law in relation to premises licences.
Learners must complete a training session before undertaking and passing a 40 question multiple choice exam.
This qualification is suitable for:
- licensed premises owners, managers, supervisors or workers who need a qualification to be able to apply for a personal licence or to demonstrate that they meet legislative requirements
Entry to the qualification is at the discretion of the centre. Specific skills, knowledge, understanding or other qualification(s) required before taking this qualification include:
- relevant work experience in the licensed trade sector
This qualification is mainly taken by owner-managers of licensed premises and individuals employed or seeking employment as:
- supervisors or managers of licensed premises
- bar staff
- sales personnel in licensed retail outlets