Level 3 Certificate in Spectator Safety
The Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety qualification is suitable for individuals working in the spectator safety industry wishing to gain a nationally recognised and regulated qualification in spectator safety supervision.
In order to achieve this certificate, learners are required to complete the following four mandatory units:
- Prepare stewards and venues for spectator events
- Maintain stewarding in designated areas and deal with spectator problems and emergencies
- Deal with accidents and emergencies
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
In addition, learners must also complete two optional units that can be selected from the following:
- Support the efficient use of resources.
- Manage own resources and professional development.
- Manage information for action.
- Help to manage conflict
- Control and detain people at a spectator event for action by the police
- Work with others to improve customer service
This qualification is aimed at individuals working in the spectator safety industry wishing to gain a nationally recognised and regulated qualification in spectator safety supervision.
The qualification meets the requirements laid out in the Football Licensing Authority’s Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (known as the Green Guide).
The course covers a number of modules including knowing how to prepare stewards and venues for spectator events, knowing how to allocate responsibilities to stewards and being able to allocate responsibilities to stewards. Learners will also learn how to brief stewards on arrangements for the event, how to check the venue before the event and be able to check the venue before the event.