Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service Specialist – Funded Standard
The main purpose of a customer service specialist is to be a ‘professional’ for direct customer support within all sectors and organisation types.
You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries.
A Customer service specialists work could include;
• Customer requests
• Complaints and queries
• Gather and analyse data and customer information
• Share knowledge with wider team
• Utilising digital technologies
Level 3 Certificate in customer service
This element of the programme is delivered within the college over the academic year with various starting points, the modules within the qualification are;
- Organise and deliver customer service
- Understand the customer service environment
- Understand customers and customer retention
- Resolve customers’ problems
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional developmentOptional Units (selection)
- Communicate with customers verbally
- Manage the use of technology to improve customer service
- Manage team performance
- Collaborate with other departments
- Employee rights and responsibilities
Competency portfolio construction (Skills and behaviour components):
This element of the programme is delivered within apprentices’ workplace, and is a collaborative approach from employers and the college. This will enable all apprentices to demonstrate occupation competency and develop all required skills and professional behaviours.
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level, prior to taking their end point assessment.
Typically this apprenticeship will take 15 months to complete.
- Practical observation with Q&As
- Work based project supported by an interview
- Professional discussion supported by portfolio evidence