Level 4 Food Safety Management in Catering or Manufacturing
The Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering is a qualification aimed at managers working in a food or drink catering environment. The qualification is intended for learners already working in catering, or those who are preparing to work in the industry, and whose job requires them to have some responsibility for food safety. Learners are likely to have management responsibilities for an operational team. This qualification covers the subject of food hygiene at a suitable depth to ensure learners have a thorough knowledge of hazards and controls; its focus is on the importance of developing, implementing and monitoring food safety procedures. Its topics are regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
This level 4 award in managing food safety in manufacturing course is designed for managers, supervisors and senior hygiene personnel such as production managers, trainers, owners or managers of food businesses, supervisors with intermediate food hygiene knowledge, hygiene auditors, shift managers or supervisors. This qualification is also suitable for those wishing to deliver food safety qualifications as part of their training provision. This level 4 award has been designed as a five day programme to provide an in-depth understanding of food safety with an emphasis on the importance of the management of systems and staff.
course covers the following subjects:
- Microbiology, food poisoning and foodborne diseases
- Food contamination and its control
- The storage and temperature control of food
- Food spoilage and preservation
- Personal hygiene, training and education of food handlers
- The design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning, disinfection and pest control
- Monitoring and control of food standards and operations
- Food safety legislation
- Food processing and food safety courses.