Manual Handling of Load – Level 2
The Mandatory Training Group is the leading UK provider of accredited statutory and mandatory training courses for all sectors, including health and social care, education, local government, private and charity sectors.
We have supported over one million learners to reach their potential through e-learning courses and qualifications using our interactive online learning portal.
This online moving and handling training course is aimed at those staff groups, including unpaid and voluntary staff, whose role involves patient handling activities throughout the NHS and private healthcare and social care sectors, including:
- All new employees, whether clinical nor non-clinical
- Existing staff completing mandatory refresher training
- Locum doctors and healthcare professionals
- Agency nurses and healthcare assistants (HCAs)
- NHS professionals temporary or bank staff)
- Unpaid and voluntary staff
This online CSTF Moving and Handling People Level 2 training course can be completed as a standalone module or as part of our Skills for Health CSTF Aligned Mandatory Training Packages.
This Moving and Handling People Level 2 training course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the National Back Exchange (NBE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
By the end of this online CSTF Moving and Handling People Level 2 training course the learner will:
- Be able to recognise manual handling risk factors and how injuries can occur
- Understand employers and employees responsibilities under relevant national Health & Safety legislation including most recent versions of the Manual Handling Operation Regulations
- Understand their own responsibilities under local organisational policies for Moving and Handling
- Know where additional advice and information can be sought relating to Moving and Handling issues
- Be able to use an ergonomic approach to manual handling and other work tasks leading to improved working posture
- Understand the principles of good back care to promote general musculoskeletal health
- Understand the principles of safer handling
- Know the factors to be included in undertaking a dynamic risk assessment prior to undertaking a moving and handling activity
- Understand how the organisation uses its risk management processes to inform safe systems of work.